It is important for individuals who suffer from high blood sugar levels to know the proper way to handle treatment when their blood levels get too high.
How to Treat High Blood Sugar Levels
- Insulin or Medication Insulin is a natural hormone within the body that works to transform blood sugar into energy by letting the glucose reach the body’s cells. Often, someone who suffers from high blood sugar levels receives too much of that glucose and needs added insulin in order to bring those levels down. It is important for someone to make sure that they are taking the right type of insulin for their situation as well as the proper dosage. It is also important that the insulin being used is not expired and that all equipment, such as pumps or meters, are working correctly. Other medications, such as diabetes medication, are also used in order to guard against heightening sugar levels. Individuals should talk with their doctor about their medication on a monthly basis to be sure that it is up to date and still working effectively when blood sugar levels spike up.
- Create Dietary Adjustments: Individuals often create a spike in their blood sugar levels simply because of their dietary choices. Medication and insulin have to be adjusted along with dietary changes. Any individual going through heightened blood sugar levels due to eating should immediately adjust their insulin intake in order to bring that level back down. In order to determine what adjustments should be made, an individual should talk with their doctor or dietitian in order to determine a diet plan as well as any medication treatments that go along with it.
- Proper Exercise: Not getting enough exercise can cause blood sugar levels to easily heighten. The best thing someone can do is create a healthy exercise plan with the help of their doctor that works best for their personal situation. Exercise is essential, but too much can create stress which can also cause heightened blood sugar levels. Because of this, it is important to have a balance when it comes to exercise. Beyond that, if an individual suffers a spike in their sugar levels due to too little or too much exercise, often insulin or simple dietary supplements can bring those levels back down. A proper exercise plan, however, can be used to treat high blood sugar levels in the long run.
- Balanced Physical and Emotional Health: Both illness and stress can cause a spike in blood sugar levels. If an individual is ill or under a great amount of stress, they may have to adjust their insulin levels. They will need to talk with their doctor about what adjustments need to be made as well as what needs to be done in order to better their health and overall lifestyle. During a time of sickness or stress, individuals will have to check their blood sugar levels twice as often as usual. Often, if someone is sick, they will be prescribed extra medication that will fight the sickness without worsening their blood sugar levels. Keep in mind that some medications can cause blood sugar to spike up. That is why a doctor has to give the okay on any medications. However, the right medication is what is needed during illness to keep those blood sugar levels where they need to be.
By following a few basic lifestyle habits, individuals can live a life free of constant heightened blood sugar.
26 thoughts on “How are high blood sugar levels treated correctly?”
What do I take to bring my sugar levels down? My sugar level is 252 and I have not eaten today yet
My blood sugar level is at 380, I am vomiting and feel terrible, I take 4mg amaryl an 1000 metformin daily. What can I do to lower it rapidly
Insulin. With a blood sugar that high, it seems you have spiked it. after it gets below 240, take a walk and it will come right down.
My Glucose level was recently 192 H. What does this mean? High?
my blood sugar level is 225 fasting and 245 after two hours after eating .I am presently on glucophage of 2000mg daily will this curb it
You need to lower the carbs in your diet. Increasing proteins and fats in your diet will help to alleviate the high sugars. Plan your meals limiting daily carbs to 45-50 grams a day and your sugars will come into control.
My blood sugar level is 130 fasting and 196 after two hours after eating What do i take to bring down the levels.
i am 13 years long sugar patiant now i am 45 years old last 2years my sugar leable not control by glmy4 medicens what l do
I’m on 500 mg metformin 1 pill in the mornings. I have a really stressful job and 2 hours after lunch it’s 167!when I’m really stressed. Does this need treated?
8907 scarlett pl. I’m on metformin 500mg and I take 2 pills in the morning and 2 pills at night.The last 2-3 wks. my level has been above 200.Back in Dec. my level was between 130-150. I do not want to take the shot. Can you reccomend a medication?
My blood sugar level is 135 fasting and 204 two hours after eating What do i take to bring down the levels. Currently not on any medication.
You just need to take 30 minutes brisk walk at morning before breakfast , and 15 minutes normal walk after dinner (before asleep)….During walk, use a cup of light hot water. No need to medications just use low carbs (40-50 gm per day) and increase your fiber with green leafy vegetables. Good luck
My blood sugar is 315 and I feel like I’m going to vomit. I’ve hardly eaten anything all day. How can I bring it down. I feel like crap.
I am 70 years of age my blood sugar levels ( fasting- 143 ,after dinner 153 ). I am taking citrapin 1000mg, Trajenta 5mg , Razel 10 mg & Ramistar 10mg. From last 6 months.How long I will have to take what diet I should take, please suggest
Iam 35 years old after drinking milk in the mornig sugar level is 447 blurry vision and thirsty in the day time and two times urinals interruption during the night time sleeping very hungry in the day time.please tell me what my state is
My blood sugar level before I eat breakfast is around 139, and then two or more hours later it goes up to 259 and up.
Blood sugar while fasting was 229 and after taking breakfast and then.,after two hours it was 330.What should I do?
Husbands sugar level is 295, is diabetic gave himself 60 mg, of Nov olin 70/30 instead of 30 units before breakfast and then 30 units before suppe Should he get up and walk or what?
My pre meal sugar is 250 and post meal sugar is 415.regularly I take eliption and glucomere
I had grapes earlier and pre diabetic. My blood sugar went to 222 got it down to 167
Got hungry had a small Banana and now is again to 193 What should I do?
Hello. I am James from Norway. I wish to narrate how I was completely healed from Diabetes type 2 via a naturopathic herbal method.
My mom had suffered from diabetes Mellitus and which had resulted to her early death when I was a toddler. I have also lived to have suffered, unbeknownst, from this terrible disease in my youth age, and of which has resulted to several health complications I had experienced in my life time. My right hand had been amputated at twenty-three, at the worsening of my predicament, in which was when I had first realized I was suffering from this debilitating disease. I was thus, placed on an insulin medication as I also had maintained a healthy diet and regular exercises. This mode of treatment had persisted a long time without any rightful hope for a healthy personality in the future. I was dying piecemeal, and of all qualities I had desired for was to become a normal person again. I prayed and never had stop believing Providence was preparing better opportunities on my behalf.
It was during my endless search for a positive remedy for my condition that I had stumbled upon the marvelous herbal works of Dr. Harry Obiego and his everlasting motive in eliminating all viral diseases naturally. This African herbalist of whom I had realized was also a natural healer and activist of the herbal works of Dr. Sebi. I was very relieved at receiving this piece of information as I was very tempted to contact this African natural healer Dr. Harry Obiego in relation to the betterment of my condition. I had given this herbal doctor every piece of information he had needed to save my life and I was highly marveled at his generosity in wanting to help me attain a normal life again. I had followed his herbal recommendations of which after a few weeks I had soon to start seeing good changes in my health life. It was too real to be true, but it was as when I was later diagnosed to be un-diabetic.
This miraculous change in my health life had occurred few months ago and I am very much as pleased to share this piece of information every moment because it means so much me as to be healthy again, and I know inwardly, that it would also mean so much to other people who happen to be suffering from this disease and would also prefer a normal life too. I wish to use this message to give confidence to those who would by chance happen to come across this information to be hopeful and find a confidant like Dr. Harry Obiego in overcoming their health problems. You can be healthy today for a healthier tomorrow by reaching this good herbal doctor for help and assistance. I would also encourage this piece of information to be shared among friends and loved ones in order to create a positive awareness.
You can reach out to this herbal doctor directly via the detailed means below:
Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp: +234901 616 1406
It is up to you that you should avoid dieting instead of using healthy food. Half apple, a small piece of pear, 1/4 portion of small beet and a cup of light hot milk will not spike your sugar level. A handful amount of almond with an empty stomach along with half cup of milk and 2 walnuts will give you energy and boost your immune system to fight against diabetic. Good luck
My mother aged 60 got 573mg/dl this morning, suggest what to do,
My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 in Late Nov 2020. It took me 58 days to get her off of all medication. Apx 30 units a day. Now she is insuin free a little over a month.
1) Diet modification – read Dr. Bernsteins Diabetice Solution. Follow diet. We include fruits and combine with healthy nut butter. Avoid certian high sugar fruits. Low carb!!! No processed foods. Eat from the rainbow.
2) Full specturm CBD to reduce inflamation. We use Stanley Brothers Charlotte’s Web. She get 1/2 droopper daily.
3) Camels Milk – based on her weight she get 1/4c with a meal.
4) Accupuncture weekly
5) Chinese Herb from my accurpuncturist
6) MOVEMENT!!! Bring in the fuel in the form of food and burn it off with movement.
For the gentalman how found healing I will be reaching out to Dr. Obiego. Thank you.
my suger level is 59 am i ok with this
i dont understand the figures of sugar levels mine is usualy around 7.0 sometimes up to 8.can you please explain the readings instead of what mine are thankyou